Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Another window.

It's usually in the latter part of the afternoon that the sun wants to torment me buy first finally coming out, and then slipping over the horizon.
In addition to that, it gets to a certain angle to make it glaringly obvious that there's at least one more window to clean. Maybe that's the one other very large contrast between living here and Puerto Rico. We didn't actually have any windows there, now that I think on it. Thankfully I have many witnesses to that fact, most of whom are reading this blog, otherwise not having windows isn't something that is easily believable.
Really. We had screens, but no windows. Here there are no screens....

In the meanwhile though I just realised that I had better get up to the "drogist" to pick up the dry cleaning. I had gone by there this morning but was told that it probably wouldn't be in until after 3:30. Fetching it on the bike wouldn't be a problem since, as you recall, the last place gave me my dry cleaning folded up and in a bag. (and darned lucky to get the bag, I thought) This place is just that much closer to home, so I figured we'd give it a try. Turns out, they actually gives you your dry cleaning on hangers just the way it should be.

Who knew?

Now, I've included a pic of the dry cleaning in question, just so you know I'm not making it up. I mean, I once saw a guy carrying a ladder on a bike, so surely I could get the dry cleaning home. I chose to do the last little bit by way of the sidewalk in front of the house, and I only came perilously close to that one lamppost.

Of course, it only takes one.


Back to our regularly scheduled program:

The curious thing about a few of the windows on this place is the addition of these "cage match" type bars.I would think that if I wanted to get in badly enough, I'd simply heave a great ugly rock through the rather large target just to the right there....

So unless you're going to try and poke your fingers between the openings to clean the glass, you need to take down the "cage".


I do think it looks better without the metal hanging off it but hey, not my place to say.

In order to avoid seeing a shadow from my big fat head, I thought it prudent to move over a tad.
So now you can only see my reflection in the window.


Idiot.


....and there we go.
Oh, and I had the privilege of getting to use the most expensive wrench ever. Sure glad I bought that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well, I've been getting too many spam comments showing up. Just a drag, so we'll go another route and hope that helps. So, we won't be hearing anything more from Mr. Nony Moose.
I guess I'll just have to do without that Gucci purse.