Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Keep moving.

Nothing to see here.  Except of course the usual daily stuff.

Seems like I’ve done nothing but run the roads this morning, but at least the car does all the work.  Now it’s my turn.

Opened the can of ceiling paint that I had squirreled away in the larder,  only to discover that it now consisted of five chunks of dried up paint.  And here I had gone to the trouble of writing, “checked OK 2006” on the lid.   I guess I thought I was going to use it within the first what?  two or three years of storage?   Bonehead.

So that meant heading to Home Despot this morning after taking Travelling Companion to Milton.  Yes Milton.  The Company that Cannot be Named has a Plant there.  They’re having issues with their newly installed Oracle program.  It’s complicated,  (and proprietary) I’m not going there.  If you don’t know what Oracle is,  you must be reading this in some form of hard copy,  ‘cause they’re everywhere.

But ‘nuff of that.

I only really want to touch up the ceiling,  and not paint the whole blessed thing,  if that’s even remotely possible.  Of course,  you can’t just buy a quart of ceiling paint,  so now I once again have a whole gallon of the stuff.  I’ll be sure and put the date on the top. *sigh*

 

I actually needed the car so I could run out and fetch our new microwave!   Not that there was anything wrong at all with the old one,  but of course,  we needed a new one.  

DSC_0009

Um ya,  that old white thing?  It had to go!   *Insert sarcastic font at this point*.

 

I’m in the “if it works,  don’t fix it”  school?  But at least Daughter Number Two can use the “old” one.  (Because it’s perfectly serviceable, hello?)

 

DSC_0013

And there we go.

Oh wait,  let me take off those stickers.

DSC_0015

Still didn’t make it fit any better.   For the life of me,  I don’t know why it is we can’t find a microwave to fit in the space of where we took out the previous “old” one.  Bugs the hell outta me.  But it’ll have to do.

This one has a bunch more features that we’ll most likely never figure out.  Some sort of “steam” thing going on.

DSC_0011

And a serving platter straight out of a Bugs Bunny cartoon.   Sorry,  couldn’t find a decent YouTube clip.  But I think you know what I mean.

 

I did manage to figure out how to warm up my coffee,  which is just about the only thing I ever seem to use a microwave for.   It was telling me I was defrosting a muffin,  but when I opened the door,  my coffee mug was still there.  That was a disappointment.

I guess we’re not that far advanced just yet?

 

Meanwhile,  I did get a couple walls painted yesterday.  The colour (OK fine,  “color” for you Yanks) is a bit intense,  I’ll say that much.

A little hard to capture.  I do like it though.

 

DSC_0004

It will go nicely with the honkin’ big writing desk,  and a bookcase that we’ll be moving back into that room.  Can’t decide if I’m going to do the other two walls yet or not.  There is a contrasting/complimentary colour sitting there waiting to be cracked open.  

 

And well,  “lunch”,  such as it is,  is just about over.  Time to get back at it.

Wait.  Speaking of lunch….

I used to make “home made” pizza,  back before we moved over seas,  and sort of got away from it.  So a few weeks back,  I whipped up a pretty tasty version using “bread flour”  (not sure what the diff is between that and “all purpose”,  nor do I care)  and it turned out just fine.  Like,  tasty.  Really.  Not kidding.

 

So for some reason that I can’t explain, (mental incompetence?) yesterday I thought I’d try whole wheat flour.

Here’s a tip.  Don’t do it.

 

DSC_0007

Nothing wrong with the toppings.  Pepperoni, two kinds of cheese and sauce on one side,  with some left over cold chicken on the other side in place of the pepperoni.   The chicken works,  by the way.

But the dough?  Gah.

 

It wasn’t exactly horrid or anything,  and we did each eat all but maybe two or three pieces,  which are now sitting in a container in the fridge. 

 

My lunch today was a peanut butter sandwich.

 

 

Cheers.

 

Thanks for stopping by.

 

.

7 comments:

  1. I have no idea what color is even in the paint cans in my garage. I guess I'll be in trouble if I try to do any touch ups...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps you could build a frame to surround the new microwave... Adding some wood under it would center it in the cabinet.... A project kind of like fixing the door frame...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pizza dough need to be white flour, like you said (gah). Pizza is pizza, don't wanna mess with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The wheat is way too heavy. Is the new micro also a convection oven. I have to say that it does look nice I also like the paint color and I offer unsolicited advice. Use the complimentary color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know why we save partially used cans of paint. They just take up space before we eventually have to get rid of them. We'll keep doing it though, I know.

    That new microwave looks pretty scary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. See, now if you added a couple of those chunks of dried paint to the pizza dough, it would have come out just fine. Waste not, want not... ;c)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hard to believe that the paint went bad in just seven years:)

    ReplyDelete

Well, I've been getting too many spam comments showing up. Just a drag, so we'll go another route and hope that helps. So, we won't be hearing anything more from Mr. Nony Moose.
I guess I'll just have to do without that Gucci purse.