Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Is this civilisation?

Came across this little snippet this morning.  Had to share.

Vienna chainsaw massacre avoided

A quarrel between two Poles and two Romanians at Vienna’s Prater amusement park yesterday (Sun) almost ended up as a chainsaw massacre, police said.

The four men who had spent the day drinking in an apartment across the street from the Prater fell out after one of the Romanians began drinking from one of the Pole’s favourite bottle of wine.

What started with an exchange of insults quickly moved to the street, where the Romanians began laying into the Pole. At that point, the other Pole ran into the street with a chainsaw and attacked the Romanians.

He cut one of their fingers off but during the mayhem accidentially cut his own nose off too.

Several passers-by were also injured before police managed to break up the fight in front of the Prater’s giant Ferris wheel.

Police spokesman Mario Hejl said today: "Luckily the Pole did not have the chainsaw turned on. Otherwise, things would have been much worse."

He added that police had not yet been able to question the men because they were too drunk and interpreters had to be found.




............./.............

Since it's not April Fools Day,  I can only guess that this is an actual story,  and even if it isn't,  I almost peed my pants.

OK so,  somehow a couple digits where lobbed off,  along with somebody's nose,  and the chainsaw wasn't running?

And what's with the "passers-by"?   I'm pretty sure if I saw two Pollacks mixing it up with a couple gypsies I'd give them a wide berth.


 Thanks for playing along.

2 comments:

  1. I love that you actually have 15 blog posts with the label "Retarded People" LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey...I calls 'em as I sees 'em.

    ReplyDelete

Well, I've been getting too many spam comments showing up. Just a drag, so we'll go another route and hope that helps. So, we won't be hearing anything more from Mr. Nony Moose.
I guess I'll just have to do without that Gucci purse.