Tuesday, September 11, 2012

That was a Tuesday as well.

It hadn’t occurred to me until I looked at a receipt this morning just what the date is.  Once in a while it’s easy for the days to slip by, that’s my only excuse.  For many folks this isn’t a day that’s easily forgotten.

As dim as my memory can sometimes be, I can remember exactly what I was up to on Tuesday, September 11, 2001.    I was working afternoons for my then employer,  which meant that my days were free to pursue whatever interests that came along.  Renovating our entire first floor was the “interest” at the time.  My hobby, for the lack of a better word,  for a number of years has been renovating our house.  I’m not finished either.

Anyway,  I had torn apart the kitchen,  finished all the new wiring,  patched everything up, and was in the midst of getting a coat of paint on the place before installing the new cupboards,  when the phone rang.

It was Travelling Companion,  who was working in that other country to the south of us,  telling me to turn on the TV.  I’m not much of a one for watching TV during the day,  unless I’m deathly ill.  What I then saw on TV made me just ever so slightly ill.  The sense of dread that one feels watching those images is a hard thing to describe.   I don’t remember if I did any more painting.  I really don’t.   It did get finished,  so I guess I’m the one who did it,  but I just don’t recall the actual motion of the roller or the brush strokes.  Just a curious thing.

The one other thing that stands out in my memory,  was being out on Lake Ontario on the weekend,  and not seeing one single plane in the sky.  Something we’re certainly not used to in our times.

 

 

I suppose on a slightly more upbeat note,  I could show the finished product.   We’ve all seen enough of those other images,  I’ll not reproduce any here.

 

I did finish the kitchen…eventually.

 

IMG_0300

IMG_0301

 

Try to enjoy your day.  Notwithstanding.

 

Thanks for coming ‘round.

 

 

.

7 comments:

  1. Yes it was a memorable day for sure.
    An excellent job on the kitchen, looks pretty inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is a sad day and one that will not be forgotten. :*(

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was really a depressing day for all of us. Its a memory to be contemplated. The kitchen looks fabulous. Its more like it.
    horse racing betting

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kitchen really looks great. I too remember EXACTLY where I was and what I was doing when I first heard. It was a horrible, ghastly day, a day none of us will ever forget. My heart aches for those who lost someone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our kitchen needs a make over, are you available?

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow love the kitchen...and of course none of us will ever forget what we were doing that day!!!

    ReplyDelete

Well, I've been getting too many spam comments showing up. Just a drag, so we'll go another route and hope that helps. So, we won't be hearing anything more from Mr. Nony Moose.
I guess I'll just have to do without that Gucci purse.