Friday, May 1, 2009

Two things I've learned.

One: It wouldn't surprise me in the least if the next person who buys a small black Suzuki will be asked to undergo a psychiatric evaluation, and two: Leaving your bike unlocked for just five minutes to nip into the bakery can end in you having to walk home.
There.
I fessed up.
Someone ripped off my bike on Wednesday afternoon. I now know where the cop shop is in Hengelo and how to fill out a report. Like that was something I needed to learn in my life.
OK, so if you count the last two, that's four things I've learned.

Don't get picky.

I've been vacillating between being really pissed off (sorry to those who are a little sensitive) to just feeling really stupid.
Then yesterday while watching the Koninginnedag (Queen's day) it became clear that it could always be worse. Like getting run over by some guy who thinks a Suzuki Swift makes a good battering ram.... and also thinks that it would be a bright idea to try and drive it into the side of a honkin' big bus.

C'mon!
What is the thought process there? Is there one?

Or for that matter, the immovable statue? Well, I don't think he really meant to drive into the statue since, at that point his head was pretty much like a bowl full of jelly....

Apart from feeling very sad for the individuals and their friends and families who lost their lives through no fault of their own, it will also be rather unfortunate, and not surprise me in the least that security for future events will be tighter than a bull's ass in fly time.
I've you've been to Washington, D.C. since September 11th, you'll know what I'm talking about. It's just never the same.
In this case, because of some nut-bar.

So....on a couple fronts, not really a good week here in the low countries.

Of course there are more bikes in the stores, and at least the cops have my info.

Please understand this however: If I get a call saying, "oh....we found your bike!" I will be buying so many lotto tickets, you'll think I have some sort of gambling problem, since I figure the odds are pretty much the same.
I'll never lay eyes on that bike again. Simple as that.

Here I would like to insert a quote from you know who, "It's only a bike....these things happen. Just buy a new one". And I was waiting for her to say, "just get over it".

I'll try. Really.

On a positive note, as I was out getting the mail this afternoon, our neighbour lady Liedeke complimented my on the Dutch flag that I put out for Queen's day.
That was kind of her, considering how puny it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well, I've been getting too many spam comments showing up. Just a drag, so we'll go another route and hope that helps. So, we won't be hearing anything more from Mr. Nony Moose.
I guess I'll just have to do without that Gucci purse.