Sunday, February 22, 2009

I feel a segue coming on

Ever have that 20 seconds of elation followed by disappointment?
This has been a trend at the mailbox lately.
Once again on Friday afternoon, while heading out to the market, I figured I'd check the mail.

We got something!

Big deal sez you, but I know what shape the bills normally come in, and it was a different sized envelope. That was five seconds of excitement right there.
Unfortunately it turned out to be the other funds that the very smart insurance company decided to send along. This time, it's in US funds.
As a further insult, they figured they'd put in the form that tells you just why you're getting US funds.
Notice where it say "DF006"?





They don't do Euros.

Hello? We're in Europe over here...

As an aside, I have to admit that in my "care taking vernacular", (read: inappropriate language) the letters "df" do have a certain meaning for me, but I'm not at liberty to elaborate on that in this particular forum. That would be inappropriate.
And really, it may just as well have been the letters "FU", since that would have had pretty much the same conveyance.

I can only go by what I know, and I'm pretty sure there are ex-pats all over the globe working for Eaton that have health coverage, so it's a mystery to me how any of them are getting reimbursed.

Guess they never get their teeth cleaned.

Mind you, it was once mentioned to me that some of the men here choose not to use deodorant, but that's a different story....

Then I realised, I'm really making a mountain out of a mole hill, and I need to just "let it go" and stop getting annoyed about these minor things.

Turns out that, if you wanted to make a mountain out of a mole hill, this is the place!

These, dear people are.....




...wait for it.


Mole Hills!!

I kid you not!

We've been seeing these little mounds of dirt most everywhere this winter and have been meaning to ask someone or at least try and do an online search to discover what they were. I finally took this pic on Saturday when we went for a brief bike ride.

So I've been using that expression to "make a mountain out of a mole-hill" for probably 40 of the 52* years I've been on the planet, and all I had to do was move to the Netherlands to figure out what it really meant.

Who knew?

No wonder this place is flat! Somebody needs to get busy!

*If you do your arithmetic, you'll find that that's right around the time I learned to ride a bike.
Hmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well, I've been getting too many spam comments showing up. Just a drag, so we'll go another route and hope that helps. So, we won't be hearing anything more from Mr. Nony Moose.
I guess I'll just have to do without that Gucci purse.