Monday, June 8, 2009

Wonder of wonders.

I'm sure you've been dying to know this, but I have an announcement.

The washing machine actually made it through an entire cycle without coming to a dead stop.
I know! Isn't that fabulous?
I was just sitting here minding my own business before heading over to the driving range, figuring I'd need to go out and poke a couple buttons to get the thing to finish, when I heard it spinning!

Glad I was sitting down.

OK, maybe I do need to get out of here for a couple weeks? Strange as it may seem, I'm actually looking forward to doing laundry in a proper washing machine.

Not some piece of junk that got lost on it's way to the metal recyclers. Not that I would want to let you know how I really feel or anything.

Fortunately, I haven't had to resort to any washing machine accessories.
(needed a segue to get that pic in there)

No, I didn't perloin that one off the internet. We saw it yesterday in Delden.
Along with a few other things.
This guy was making klompen
I really wanted to get a better pic, and probably should have just muscled my way in there, but I have to live here.
There was some sort of a medievel theme going on, and this guy was pounding away at a foot operated forge.

Oh, and I have to throw in a random pic of a neat old cargo bike....

Now, I should say that, the reason for being out and about in Delden on a Sunday, was because we were about to embark on a little voyage around town for charity. I guess that's the best way to describe it.
We happened to be over at the neighbour's on Saturday, since their dog had a litter of puppies about a week and a half ago, and it's pretty hard to resist going to see puppies.I didn't get too carried away taking puppy pictures, since I didn't want to be too invasive.
As it happened, they were going to host one of the dozen or so venues for the event. So for a few farthings, you could go from event to event and watch what ever type of entertainment that struck your fancy.
The thing to keep in mind of course, it was for a charitable cause. ( I don't recall, so don't ask)
Here we are listening to the group that played next door. The lady in the pic next to Gabe is the proud puppy person.

This group did 60s and 70s music.They were "trying hard" is all I'll venture to say. I'm no music critic, but the guitar girl on the far right had nary a clue if she was playing in tune or not. Even my somewhat tone deaf wife made a comment.
Think I would have sooner had a hemorrhoid flare-up.

'Nuff said.

So the deal is, they play a mercifully short 20 minute set, then you go inside for coffee. A deal at €1,00 per cup (again, goes to the charity)
If you wish, you can simply stay there and hear another set, (really??!)
or chose another venue.
We rode our bikes to another house not far from here to hear a couple lads on trumpet do a few duets.
The house itself was very cool. I was amazed at just how thick a thatched roof really is. Not sure of the vintage of the place, but it alone was worth the visit.

These lads were also "trying hard", if you know what I mean. Well, their tuning was OK, but that's about all I'll venture to comment on.

(Dude! Go back to the coda!)

Once again mercifully, the set was only 20 minutes. I could have done with about 10.
So after that visit, we weren't sure if it was going to go anywhere but down hill from there, so decided to just head for home.
The group next door were loud enough that we still got to hear music from the 60s and 70s for the last two sets, so it wasn't like we were missing out or anything.
I guess my acting skills must be up to snuff, since everyone thought I was just having a wonderful time.

Now, if you think you are desperate enough to actually want to hear a sample, then by all means.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Well, I've been getting too many spam comments showing up. Just a drag, so we'll go another route and hope that helps. So, we won't be hearing anything more from Mr. Nony Moose.
I guess I'll just have to do without that Gucci purse.