Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Is it Tuesday?

I know, it's actually Wednesday, but I swear I wasn't sure what day it was yesterday.
Comes from driving from Slovenia back to Delden in one swipe. Was a bit whoozy after that one.

Lemme see. In total we drove something like 3200 km. Well, I should say I drove 3200 km. Wouldn't have been quite so much if we had actually stayed in one place, but well, we were trying to squeeze it all in.
First stop was Munich, since I didn't want to try arriving at our destination in the dark. Got there around 4:30 on Thursday I guess. If you're old enough, you may recognise the area where we stayed. Remember the hostage taking of 1972? 31 Connollystraße is just over to the left, slightly out of camera range.Might have got there slightly earlier, but someone had to go on a conference call.I can get out and walk around for a few minutes, but it doesn't take long before I'm itching to get moving again. By the time we checked in, found a place for a bite to eat, I was pretty much ready to call it a day.
The kids decided to take the subway into Munich, but we were too pooched to do any such thing, and were in bed by about nine I think it was.
Besides, every time I looked back at our back seat passengers, the sleepy heads were sleeping. I probably would have a little more energy in the evening as well, if I could somehow figure out how to get someone to drive me around while I sleep.

Since the Friday was Annie's birthday, we figured it would be a cool idea to swing by Neuschwanstein just to have a look.
Not a bad place to celebrate your 25th birthday.
Here she is with her Aunt Gabe. I'll let you figure out who's who.
Sticking castles up high on a pile of rocks seems to be a recurring theme in those parts.
We resisted the temptation to go up to or into any of the castles, since it was Good Friday after all, and the place was mobbed. Hate to sound just a tad too pragmatic, but once you've seen the inside of most of these places well, it's a bunch of rocks somebody stacked up to make a building. (they're all the same)Here's the thing.

I'll have to come back to this, since I just finished cutting the grass, and there's some cleaning up to do.
And I'm not talking about grass clippings.

I'll continue the saga at a later date.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well, I've been getting too many spam comments showing up. Just a drag, so we'll go another route and hope that helps. So, we won't be hearing anything more from Mr. Nony Moose.
I guess I'll just have to do without that Gucci purse.