Friday, September 17, 2010

Two phone calls*.

It's the usual Friday here in Wienerland,  with the exception that Travelling Companion is in Serbia.
 Friday's usually involve a certain amount of mucking about with the changing of the sheets, (done)  perhaps some dry cleaning to pick-up (done)  along with the usual grocery shop,  which today included a trip to the Naschmarkt to pick up some salmon for dinner.
 (done and done)
  Even filled up the car and got it washed.  Checked the oil and everything.  It's a diesel,  they tend to use a bit of oil.   This I know.


 In amongst this came the first phone call.   "I'm at the gate".

This is good,  since then I can do the mental countdown and know that I can leave at a certain time for the retrieval from the airport.  In this case around 6:00 p.m.

 Then came the second phone call.   (never a good sign)   "The flight has been cancelled".


 Wait a minute.   Wasn't the last piece of info "I'm at the gate"?
 
 Do I need to drive to Belgrade?   Cr*p!  I hope not.   It's seven freakin' hours!   I could get there by midnight I suppose.
 Hm....driving through Hungary and then into Serbia after dark.   Not sure about that.

I'm still of the opinion they need one of these......



 But hey,  what do I know?   Maybe there's some other mystery airline that flies from Belgrade to Vienna?


Stay tuned.






*Make that three.   Just an hour's delay is all.



*Wait. Make that four.

And now for the quote of the day:

"We're getting on the oldest plane I've ever seen in my life".




Swell.







.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "We're getting on the oldest plane I've ever seen in my life".

    I heard that also on the phonecall I received from the Ma'am today.
    However I also got...
    "I was glad it was small and light, so when the engines stopped I think we could have glided in"

    Myself, I actually was under the impression that they retired the Spruce Goose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. no no Grasshopper. Spruce Goose would have been way too heavy. Pretty sure about that.

    ReplyDelete

Well, I've been getting too many spam comments showing up. Just a drag, so we'll go another route and hope that helps. So, we won't be hearing anything more from Mr. Nony Moose.
I guess I'll just have to do without that Gucci purse.