Friday, November 7, 2008

Missed it.

......and I still need to go out and finish cutting the grass, which has been a project that I've been pursuing for the last couple days.
I apologize for forever bringing this up, but the thing that I missed this morning was the half hour or so of actual sunshine.
Too bad, so sad...it's gone.

I did go out on Thursday (yesterday) and take a "fall colours" type of photo of the house with the leaves turning colours and such, but that wasn't such a sunny day as it turned out.











Can you tell I'm scraping the bottom of the creative barrel here when it comes to things to write about?

Ok, no more references to the sun or lack thereof, I promise.
At least for a week or two.

There are going to be long periods of boredom I'm afraid, and you get to share in the experience.
The green tote out front is for the grass clippings and such, which is why I had to wait until mine were empty (we're the only ones with two of them) since I had clippings in there from back in September.
Pretty stinky, but the guy who drives the truck that empties them never actually gets out of the truck or touches the things.
I did take a video of the garbage being collected that way, but I've never been able to get a shot of the "green" truck, since he's out there at around seven.
I'm pretty sure this driver was stuck with a newbie, since they normally don't travel in pairs.

Plus, the newbie is a bit of a bonehead.





Now, if you have dial-up, and possibly live in rural Nova Scotia, I'd like to caution you against opening the video. It's about 18 mb, and you might not live long enough to actually get to see it.

I'll send a play by play description by email if you're all that curious. Mind you, I could write out a letter and mail it from here and it would open faster than dial up I'm thinking.

It's a little later in the day at this point and I've managed to get in to town for a couple things (plus the bike ride gets my blood circulating) and then did finish off the lawn. I just hope it stops growing is all.

Gabe just called and said she had one more conference call that will go until 7:00 p.m.
Kinda sucks on a friday night, and I guess it has something to do with the idea that it's only slightly after 11:00 a.m. in Pittsburg. It's a mixed blessing, since at least for the first half of the day nothing much is forthcoming from the "world headquarters" (not sure which world their talking about).
We did have a fellow call us once at 3:00 a.m. from China. I thought I was the only one with math problems. He thought it was mid afternoon in Europe. (and he's a highly paid professional....yikes!)

I'll see if I can come up with anything half decent to talk about on the weekend.

Keep those collective sticks on the ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well, I've been getting too many spam comments showing up. Just a drag, so we'll go another route and hope that helps. So, we won't be hearing anything more from Mr. Nony Moose.
I guess I'll just have to do without that Gucci purse.