Monday, April 13, 2015

I’m booked!

I figured since nothing too exciting has been happening around here at the Ponderosa,  I’d fly across the country and drive back.

No really. 

Flying out of Hamilton on the First of May with a stop over in Calgary,  and then on to Abbotsford.   I’m pretty sure I passed Abbotsford at least once or twice back in the 70s. 

Whatever.

Hasn’t been a real “draw” for me in the last several decades.

So here’s the deal.  Got this sister.  She’s been living in B.C.  She’s done.  I offered to fly out and drive back with her.  

And no, don’t be going,  “Oh, aren’t you such a good brother”.  I don’t think I am,  but she’s the only sister I got,  so what the hell.  And hey, who’s not up for a road trip!?  C’mon,  it’s only what? Four thousand kilometers?  Something like that.  It’ll take us a few days.

She asked me this morning, “Are you sure you want to do this?” to which I replied,  “Well, do you?”   We’ll make the best of it.

We may or may not go through the States.  The exchange would be a bit of a killer,  so we may poo-poo that idea. She’s paying the freight.  Even offered to pay my airline ticket,  but I’ll cover that.  There won’t be any night time driving,  so hotels will be in order.  Me, drive at night?  Not likely.

Best take my housecoat.

So then I got to “scheming”,  and thought by gum,  it’s time to order that new camera I’ve been lusting after.

So I did it.  It’s being packed up and shipped as I type this.

 

canon_8406b001_powershot_g16_digital_camera_1000470

Now,  you have to  understand that, since it took me so long to mull this over,  Canon has gone ahead and introduced the next year’s model.  Originally it was going to be the “G15”, which is a pretty awesome camera.

Apparently,  the “G16” pictured above has some spiffy new features,  like wi-fi connectivity. 

Well,  that’s cool.  And I know,  from seeing the pictures on another blog that it’s a damned fine camera.

I have to admit that I haven’t completely given up on the Nikon,  I think I just need a new lens.  But, I’ll hold off on that.  For now.

Do you see a pattern here?

Meanwhile,  I couldn’t help but notice some landscaping going on across the road.  I’m guessing they’re old enough to drive?

IMG_0096IMG_0097IMG_0098

So it’s what,  “Two girls and a shovel”?  They don’t seem to have much in the way of equipment.  I mean, a wheelbarrow would help.

Then I thought, “Hey,  maybe *I* need to have a couple young ladies come and throw some dirt around”.  Or whatever it is they’re doing.  I’ll just watch. 

Like,  who cares what they’re doing?

Probably wouldn’t go over well on the home front.  But it was a thought. 

Usually these thoughts are best kept to oneself.

They got finished just in time too,  since the wind picked up and it started to rain around four or so,  and it’s been coming down ever since. 

Kind of got a little muggy too.  No complaints. 

It’s an odd thing when it’s cooler and dryer in the house than outside.  Supposed to get cold again tonight,  so it’s not like I shut down the furnace for the year.   We likes our comforts,  so there will be no shivering and shaking for the sake of a few shekels worth of gas.  Thank-you.

 

All grammar mistakes are intentional.

Keep your stick on the ice.

Thanks for stopping by.

8 comments:

  1. Cool...a flight and a road trip. I'd sign up for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your new Canon G16 camera. I guarantee you are going to love it and won't even think of using a big DSLR anymore.

    Rick’s Posts on G+

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun adventure. Will you both be driving?

    ReplyDelete
  4. A road trip !
    Yahoo, flying and driving across Canada think we need to do the driving part across Canada soon.
    Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice camera! I'm still figuring out my new Nikon--don't take it with me on ATV rides, too much dust, so it hasn't gotten much use!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cameras nowadays can do more things than you'll ever figure out in the average lifetime. ;c)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Well, I've been getting too many spam comments showing up. Just a drag, so we'll go another route and hope that helps. So, we won't be hearing anything more from Mr. Nony Moose.
I guess I'll just have to do without that Gucci purse.