Thursday, June 15, 2017

Why I'd sooner make it, than buy it.

Back when the bathroom was more an idea than reality,  we did have a vanity on order.  I was simply willing to take the easy way out.

Of course,  when the supplier started talking about a March delivery or some such fresh air,  we cancelled the order and got our money back.

I would have had to seriously modify the thing anyway,  as there was the issue of the laundry chute to deal with.  I didn't want it to continue to be some sort of unused relic collecting dust,  as it had been for the previous fifty or so years.

And,  modifying something you just paid through the nose for?   Not really the best solution.  So I made my own.

It was something that sort of evolved,  as I'm not really big on drawing up elaborate plans and such,  mostly as I didn't really know what the heck I wanted in the first place.

There are however "moments of clarity"  from time to time .





So,   picture this.

Well,  maybe "picturing"  is not the right term.

*ahem*

You're on the throne:








 The previous user has left you very little toilet paper.  (not necessarily depicted in this photo,  of course)

What happens when you suddenly realise you've run out of shit tickets??

"The Horror!"  you say.  Well....




Ta da!





And this,  Ladies and Gentleman,  is what you can do when you "make it your own damned self".


Oh,  and I also put up the second wall sconce we brought back from Austria when we moved home.




It had been languishing in a box for the last three four years.





Just a couple more things.  Choosing a paint colour (not really my deal)  and some more cupboards to fill the space between the shower wall and the outside wall of the bathroom.

I'll get there.

That'll do for today.   Heading out to Guelph later tonight for a wee visit with T.C.'s sister and one of their old school chums.

No Slovenia pictures.   Wouldn't want to over stay the welcome,  so to speak.   Maybe tomorrow?

Thanks for stopping by,  and keep that stick on the ice.


7 comments:

  1. Very nicely done and you are right, by doing it yourself you can make it to fit all your needs.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well done! Some times the best way is making your own cupboard and it seems that you did a great job and put lots of thought into it. Maybe you should sell the idea to the company you cancelled your order with! ;-)

    www.travelwithkevinandruth.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spare TP should always be within reach.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Job , over the years I have made most of my own cupboards and renovations, even in the Motorhome, that way you get exactly what you want.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I try doing stuff like that myself it generally ends up looking like I shouldn't be doing stuff myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a posh loo! Love the Austrian crystal.

    ReplyDelete

Well, I've been getting too many spam comments showing up. Just a drag, so we'll go another route and hope that helps. So, we won't be hearing anything more from Mr. Nony Moose.
I guess I'll just have to do without that Gucci purse.