Friday, August 24, 2012

You’d think we were moving.

And please note the use once again of the subjunctive there kids.  I’m trying to do my part.  Keeping the English language on the straight and narrow and such. 

But no,  we’re not moving.  Not for a while yet.  Let’s not go there.  I might forget my sense of decorum.

 

 

It’s just that,  we’re getting visitors,  and part of my “deal” is,  the whole place needs to get the once over. 

Don’t get me wrong.  We’re excited to be getting visitors,  and with the exception of perhaps not having a bed to sleep in,  none of our expected guest could give a rat’s tiny behind about the rest of the accommodations. 

 

This is what I’m talking about.

IMG_0379

There’s normally furniture there,  but I’ve moved it,  ‘cause I gotta wash the floors.  See, and you were wondering where the notion of “The Caretaker Chronicles”  came from?  Left that job in 08, but it’s still haunting me it seems.

 

Then of course,  when it comes to the beds,  everything has to match.   Right.  Because this is the Hilton after all.

 

Matching,

IMG_0381

Oh,  pay no mind to the Panama Hat.  Had to take that down to get at the bedding.  It’s not staying there.  The stuffed bear is though.  I have no idea why.

 

Matching,

IMG_0382

And of course it goes without saying that,  in the master bedroom,  everything has to match.

IMG_0383

OK well,  can’t dawdle.   Got bathrooms to clean.

 

Have a fine weekend.  I know I will,  because I’ll be “on vacation”.  

 

Keep those sticks where I can see them.

Thanks for lookin’.

 

.

8 comments:

  1. That's a mighty shiny floor you have there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are definitely a good man if you're scrubbing down floors. Lookin' good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice job!!..if you ever come to bc be sure to come on by ..I have some floors that need cleaning!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, pace yourself on those nasty homemaker jobs.... Don't want that to get outa hand...!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You definitely treat your guests better than we do. I have no idea about matching stuff:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you charge by the hour or the day? Oh wait your too far from here. That floor looks so shiny...good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the character of the panama hat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. In our house, it's a cowboy hat.

    ReplyDelete

Well, I've been getting too many spam comments showing up. Just a drag, so we'll go another route and hope that helps. So, we won't be hearing anything more from Mr. Nony Moose.
I guess I'll just have to do without that Gucci purse.