Monday, August 24, 2009

Another Monday.

Hate to repeat myself too often, but there's something about Monday that just doesn't thrill me that much.
This is in spite of the fact that the weather recently has been absolutely fabulous, with sunny warm days. We'll probably be getting a little dose of rain by about Tuesday however. Without the Internet I suppose we could be blissfully unaware of the pounding that Nova Scotia is receiving, or the wildfires of Greece. (there's a pun in there somewhere but no, not grease....Greece)
There was a plan afoot to take a little road trip on the weekend to catch up on some local site seeing, but alas with the amount of time Gabe had spent in planes and taxis last week, that was a non starter. Can't say I blame her really, some times it's nice to just "be".
I wasn't too sure just what sort of label I was going to attach to this post, but I'll try and explain all of them.

First of all, a few days (weeks) back, I had asked one of my fluent Dutch speaking friends to send me some wording for breaking our lease. She very kindly obliged, and sent me something back within a couple days. (there's that six hour time difference thing). Then of course, we discovered that the lease had been changed to run until the end of the month, and that "Settle Services" was going to sort out the letter.

Here's where we get to the "retarded people" part.

Just now got a call from Gabe, since I'm the only one to whom she can really vent about these things, telling me that she had received an email with said letter and....it's in English. I said, "well crap, I coulda done that!"
Now, if it had been the bonehead in Irving, Texas then well, I guess I wouldn't be too surprised but no, this was a Dutch person...."Settle services" is here in Kikkerland!

Then, after we had grumbled about that for a few minutes and got off the phone, she called back to say she had received word from someone in HR about choosing a colour for the new wheels. Once again, how it is that anyone in HR can possibly have any clue when it comes to fleet management is completely beyond me, but hey, what do I know?

Turns out she's using some gargon that doesn't really appear on the BMW website, so trying to figure out what she's talking about was a bit of a mystery, until Gabe realised that perhaps she had to go through the "intranet" as opposed to the "internet", and sure enough, there was information on a page set up by the company that cannot be named.

Why does it have to be such a mystery?

Meanwhile, in local news, I was just a tad surprised the other day to see that a house just down the street is slowly being removed.
I thought I had heard a machine on Thursday morning, so I did a bit of a double take when I had to go by the place on my way out to Enschede later that day.

Now I don't even remember what the house looked like that was standing there.
Remember what I had to say about how some of the houses are designed here?
(whacky stairs, tiny little rooms, cold in the winter, hot in the summer)

Aparently I'm not the only one of that opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well, I've been getting too many spam comments showing up. Just a drag, so we'll go another route and hope that helps. So, we won't be hearing anything more from Mr. Nony Moose.
I guess I'll just have to do without that Gucci purse.