Wednesday, August 19, 2009

And so it begins.

Most of the time, I seem to wander around in a state of befuddlement, and that doesn't necessarily come from having too much time on my hands. Drifting from room to room (or from my shop to the shed when back home) trying to remember what I was looking for has been a recurring theme for well, a few years now.
Any of you over the half century mark have a pretty good idea what I'm talking about. For those of you not quite there yet....

..... just you wait.


But here's the thing.

I do recall working in a particular school many years ago where power failures happened on the order of two or three times a year. So rather than keep a flashlight in some obscure location, where it's retrieval in the dark was virtually impossible, (I was on afternoons, it gets dark) I made sure getting some light on the subject was as easy as getting to the nearest sink room.

And no, I wasn't about to start carrying one on my belt. That was never going to happen.

There's a segue in there somewhere since, rather than store this one little tool in a tool box, where it would definitely be a chore to find again, I figured I'd just keep it on a shelf in the bedroom where it could be retrieved without a lot of endless searching.



Even though there was a couple minutes there of befuddlement, I knew I had put it some place where it was easy peasy to find.



The time had come.




Um...a warning for anyone wanting to visit before the end of October, the beds are going fast.

I should probably just leave the pictures and let them speak for themselves.



Taking this thing apart got me thinking about just how many times I've had to do this...and why I keep the bloody little hex wrench handy.

Here we go:
Purchased November 1999 in New York State. (put together)

Moved to Puerto Rico 2002: Taken apart....put together.

Moved to Canada 2003: Taken apart....put together.

Moved to The Netherlands in 2008: Taken apart.....put together.

Moving to Vienna 2009.....Taken apart....

and if the movers don't lose it, I'll be putting it together again in a couple months.



*sigh*


We're you counting?



I didn't bother.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well, I've been getting too many spam comments showing up. Just a drag, so we'll go another route and hope that helps. So, we won't be hearing anything more from Mr. Nony Moose.
I guess I'll just have to do without that Gucci purse.