Wednesday, December 19, 2012

So this is global warming?

I’m not sure I approve.

IMG_0805

Yes,  that is a lawnmower.  Yes,  it’s December 19th.   Yes,  this is Canada.  Any questions?

See,  I don’t own a lawnmower, so I had to go and fetch my sister-in-law’s machine.   She wasn’t home at the time,  so if she’s reading this.  Thanks.  I knocked, the dog took a message.

I don’t think we’ve ever had to cut the grass in December.  I also think it’s been a long,  long time since they’ve had snow on Vancouver Island,  but there was some of that going on as well. 

Hey,  maybe the world IS coming to an end on Friday?   My plan is to be at the pub,  and then the world can end just before I have to pay….

It’s as good a plan as any.

It’s best to take all aspects of the apocalypse into consideration.  My preference would be to have at least one beer in me at the time,  even though I’m not much of a drinker.  A feller needs a plan.

 

I do find though that I’m leaning towards some other,  somewhat radical points of view.  Here are a couple for your consideration:

 

 

tequila

 

And then there’s always the Twinkie angle.  Another perfectly reasonable explanation.

 

mayan-calendar-twinkies-comic-1353199821_thumb[1]

See?  I knew they should have figured out how to keep the Twinkie. There are some things you shouldn’t mess with.

 

Not a very exciting day,  as you may have gathered.   The lawn was cut in record time,  since the only part that needed attention was the front.  It gets the most sun I suppose.

 

IMG_0806

Generally speaking,  the lawn, flower beds and well,  most of the property is in need of some remediation.   I’ll wait until at least Friday.  We’ll see what happens. 

I figured having the lawn looking a bit tidier for the end of the world was the least I could do.   It’s kind of like when your Mom would remind you to put on clean underwear.  You know,  in case you were in a CAR ACCIDENT?   Is it going to matter? Why bother?  Aren’t you going to crap your pants anyway?  Some sort of quirk of human nature I suppose.    Best to look tidy for your demise!

I put on clean undies every day,  so I got that part covered.

 

We did the visit to the dentist this afternoon.   Personally,  I’d just as soon go in the morning and get it over with,  although they were running things on time and Travelling Companion and I didn’t have to wait.   This practise has three different torture chambers on the go at once.  You think I’m exaggerating?  

My teeth are a little sensitive to cold and well,  pain.   So when the dental hygienist used her little ultra sound torture device,  I immediately understood why they give you the dark glasses to cover your eyes.   It’s because seeing a grown man cry like that wouldn’t be fitting.  I just kept telling myself that it was only pain, and it would be over soon.   Just hard not to flinch at those unexpected little jolts though.  It’s presently after seven p.m.,  and my mouth is still a bit sore.

I’ll choose to spare you the details. 

But hey!  No cavities.   Well, at least no new ones.  There are cavities,  it’s just that they were filled years ago.  Before you know it,  it’ll be time to “re-fill”  them suckers.  Thankfully the dentist is of the “if it works don’t fix it”  mentality.   He’s too young to be hitting me up for contributions to his retirement just yet.  That was his Dad’s ploy.  I’m not really serious about that,  it was just a coincidence I’m sure.

 

I might stumble across something to blab about over the next day or two.  Hey, maybe some sort of “post apocalyptical”  missive?   It could happen!

 

Thanks for stopping in.   And as always,  keep those sticks on the ice.

 

.

10 comments:

  1. If you don't post in the next day or two, it will be too late. I'll just end by saying, "It was nice knowing you." hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I don't believe in Mayans does that mean the end of the world won't affect me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the cartoons. At least we have snow here and things look normal. Maybe I'll wait till after Friday to shovel. Do you suppose that all mothers said that? I wonder when they started saying that. When did people start wearing underwear. When did mothers talk about accidents. Did that saying evolve with the car? maybe mid 40's after the war, the other end of the world?

    ReplyDelete
  4. But if I stock up on Twinkies before they totally disappear, does that buy me more time?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny - and I thought my mom was the only one talking about this underwear and accident thing.

    Love the comics. A calendar is a calendar. The world doesn't end either with every New Year's Eve coming up. Or - are we just celebrating each year because we are so elated that it again didn't happen?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny - and I thought my mom was the only one talking about this underwear and accident thing.

    Love the comics. A calendar is a calendar. The world doesn't end either with every New Year's Eve coming up. Or - are we just celebrating each year because we are so elated that it again didn't happen?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm, cutting the grass just before Christmas? Well much better than shovelling snow I thinks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you have to weed the flowerbeds as well?

    ReplyDelete

Well, I've been getting too many spam comments showing up. Just a drag, so we'll go another route and hope that helps. So, we won't be hearing anything more from Mr. Nony Moose.
I guess I'll just have to do without that Gucci purse.