Monday, December 31, 2012

Bad Blogger. Bad!

Just a picture of the house at night,  in case I totally lose my mind in the near future and forget what it looks like.   Snow and all.

DSC_0006

None of it has melted either.  *sigh*

No matter,  we’re heading back to Wienerland this afternoon,  and the car will be here at 3:30 p.m. to fetch us.   Daughter Number One thought she would be taking us,  but I didn’t want to assume that she would need to be up for it.  Festivities can be draining on a person,  so we’ll go with the limo routine.

Had a bit of a trill yesterday though,  when the car showed up A DAY EARLY.   I had my confirmation number though,  and remembered quite distinctly asking to be picked up on MONDAY.   I know it kind of sounds like Sunday,  but that’s a bit of a stretch.  Possibly some issue with English as a second language?

Meh,  it happens.   They were quite apologetic,  and admitted that there was a “new guy” taking the orders.  Or something like that.

That whole getting picked up to go to the airport can be fraught with stress however,  as I can recall on one particular occasion a few years back, when the limo service DIDN’T show up at all,  as they had the wrong date.   I got a slightly panicky call at work,  and ended up taking Travelling Companion to the airport myself.  I had a very understanding boss.   Well,  put it this way,  he had a very clear understanding of my priorities.   Him and his precious school were well down on the list.  Besides,  if you just do your freakin’ job,  it’s surprising how understanding a boss can be. 

So we’ll be “celebrating” New Years somewhere over Greenland I suppose,  but I’d just as soon be sleeping when it comes right down to it.

Here’s wishing you a good one.

 

Happy New Year!

 

Thanks for sliding on by.

11 comments:

Well, I've been getting too many spam comments showing up. Just a drag, so we'll go another route and hope that helps. So, we won't be hearing anything more from Mr. Nony Moose.
I guess I'll just have to do without that Gucci purse.