Sunday, July 13, 2014

Managed to beat the rain this time.

Because last Monday morning,  a lot of the wood got wet.  Not a good thing,  especially when it comes to pre-finishing the one by six.

 

DSC_0003DSC_0004

 

And how sad is it to take delight in these small victories?   We’re scraping the bottom here people.

Scraping.

The bottom.

 

With the exception of a few trips up and down the ladder,  I spent most of the day yesterday hacking out a couple more decorative pieces for the side of the house.

 

DSC_0001

At the end of the day I had to help Carpenter Dude install one more piece of cladding,  and I suggested taking the jig saw up there with us to cut the bird’s mouth “in situ”  so to speak.  It was actually a pleasure to cut in a straight line.

I’ve started out this morning getting a handle on cleaning up this hot mess that used to be my shop.

DSC_0002

Yikes.

I’m not going to be spending too much time doing anything close to “work”  if I can help it,  and of course there is that World Cup game this afternoon that I just might watch.  

Not saying whom I’m rooting for.

 

Actually,  I don’t really give a rat’s tiny behind…..

But it should be a fun way to pass a Sunday afternoon.

 

I’ll be back if I think I have something to say. 

 

Thanks for looking.

5 comments:

  1. For a guy that has nothing to say, you sure used a lot of words! ;c)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's nothing wrong with small victories. Take 'em where you can get 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly deserve a break. Relax and open up a cold one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Taking it easy is a good thing, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found a good excuse to watch the game too - it wasn't the rain, it was the boiling hot sun. Too bad, my team lost after I put the curse on them by predicting a win.

    ReplyDelete

Well, I've been getting too many spam comments showing up. Just a drag, so we'll go another route and hope that helps. So, we won't be hearing anything more from Mr. Nony Moose.
I guess I'll just have to do without that Gucci purse.