Thursday, July 17, 2014

Had an awesome night on the water.

The boat seems to do better if we have somewhat “heavy air”.   That’s mostly the way it works for keel boats I suppose,  but it still means there’s no room for error.
We made none.

 

DSC_0002

By the way,  this is where we’re at in the cedar cladding situation.   We have a few more to do underneath there,  and then the part that runs down the side.  Then the unfinished bits need to be finished.   I’m hoping to release Carpenter Dude by the end of tomorrow,  but we did talk about working Saturday if need be. 

I just want to say once again, that I’m pretty sure I never worked this hard….. at work.

But that’s fine.  Once we’re done,  it’ll look pretty damned awesome.

Which brings us to the other topic of the evening,  and that was our night out on the water.   The wind was steady at around 12 to 15 knots (we think…wind meter is broken)  and that really seems to work for us. 

Mind you,  it helps if you don’t mess up.  And we didn’t.

There were a couple times when there was that realisation that something is out of place,  but again,  it’s a question of being very aware of just where all the lines need to be so as to avoid those “rookie” issues. 

I’ve seen things on other boats. 

I just look away.

 

I posted a bunch of pics on Book of Face.

Hopefully that link works.

 

Now I’m off to beddy byes.

 

Thanks for stopping by.

5 comments:

  1. This reminds of a time on a a Greek Charter when non sailors took a 35' boat across the Aegean. They managed to let one of the jib sheets trail in the water. When they tried to start the engine, the sheet caught in the prop and with repeated attempts at engine start, they pulled the shaft loose:( They made a big mistake:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sailing can be a lot of fun especially with the right weather.
    House is looking pretty awesome, soon it be awesomer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos Bob--I always loved to sail!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know how to sail a boat but it's something I'd like to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Magical sail. And you lived to talk about it! :c)

    ReplyDelete

Well, I've been getting too many spam comments showing up. Just a drag, so we'll go another route and hope that helps. So, we won't be hearing anything more from Mr. Nony Moose.
I guess I'll just have to do without that Gucci purse.