Friday, October 18, 2013

It’s a good day when they take away your crap.

And how sad is that,  really?

I mean, if the highlight of the day is when you look out and see that the junk you put out has indeed disappeared? 

Hey, I set my expectations low,  and then they’re always met.  

Simple, really.

 

DSC_06003

 

I even caught myself saying out loud,  “Oh, excellent!”

Please.

 

I mean, they *say* it’s “put out yer crap” day,  but I’m always sceptical.  Let me remind you of this little example:

 

DSC_0021

 

This was recycling in a recyclable bag. 

Didn’t take it.  Just a mystery.

 

Oh and of course,  even though it’s “Haul our yer crap” day.  (the name keeps changing you’ll notice?)  that doesn’t include appliances.   There’s a microwave that needs to disappear,  but I’ll have to take it up to Thompson Metals..  They’ll sort it out.

And the neat thing?  They set out a bin after hours,  so you don’t even have to fret over whether or not they’re open!   I think that’s brilliant!

 

I mean,  I realise there are some advantages to say,  living in the country,  where there’s enough room to keep a trailer in order to take your stuff to the dump.  But then,  you need a trailer to take your stuff to the dump.  Not sure which situation is better. 

I offered to buy a small “Ute”  (utility trailer?)  and put a hitch on the Merc,  but T.C. was less than enthusiastic.  I thought that would work.  Just shove it over to the side yard there.  That was a non starter.

 

 

Not too danged much else going on here.  I cut up the last of the “pie” pumpkins and shoved it in the oven.  T.C. says she’ll make one more pie.  Works for me!

I think we’re lacking in the whipping cream department though.  No whipped cream on pumpkin pie leaves it kinda nekked.   I can certainly eat it nekked,  but I’d druther have a dollop of whipped cream on top.  

They have it in the stores I hear.

 

Speaking of which,  I had better go check on it,  and then if it’s ready to come out,  I just might saunter down to the store.   *ahem*

 

Have a fine weekend,  in case I don’t check in.  I never hold out any promise.

 

Keep it between the ditches.

 

Thanks for stopping in.

10 comments:

  1. That's the only good thing about moving... you throw away a lot of crap that should have been thrown away years ago. I keep telling my wife "less is more." Doesn't work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been throwing away, giving away, selling, crap for a few years now. I really didn't think I was too bad about this, but it seems there is still crap to get rid of. Nothing can make one feel lighter than a trip to the dump. Luckily I have daughters, so stuff I can't bear to throw away goes to them and then THEY can throw it away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't even think of a witty reply to that title! :cP

    ReplyDelete
  4. I put out crap all the time. I don't know who "they" are, but someone usually finds some value in any crap and takes it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. About the only crap we have left anymore goes through our black water tank.
    No more room here to collect stuff.
    Oh hey Bob, Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vanilla Ice Cream also works well on pumpkin pie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey there are worse things than being easily pleased, many worse things. I never did take to Pumpkin pie, but then I'm not American, so it isn't in my genes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not American either. Not sure what you mean?

      Delete
  8. Well I have to beg to differ with Rick - pumpkin pie needs whipped cream not ice cream. Bob, Jim's sister also died of leukemia many years ago and I have no doubt that if she had gotten it today she would still be alive. We have definitely come a long way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sure glad we don't live near you... Bill has a fondness for dumpster diving and would love to wander along the sidewalks during "crap day" and "recycle" all those things he's just sure he'll use... someday.

    ReplyDelete

Well, I've been getting too many spam comments showing up. Just a drag, so we'll go another route and hope that helps. So, we won't be hearing anything more from Mr. Nony Moose.
I guess I'll just have to do without that Gucci purse.