Monday, September 25, 2017

So...it's hot.

Which is why we've been mostly staying indoors.  Whimpy, I know.  But I've done my time working in the sweltering heat,  and we didn't put in that air conditioning to simply go out in the blazing heat and sweat like crazy.

There was something in the news about the Teachers in Toronto getting a wee bit vocal about the temperature in some of their schools, like...30 Celsius,  which is just shy of 90.F.  As was the case with my previous employer, less than half of their schools are air conditioned. 
Used to be, that wasn't too much of a problem.  Septembers would typically be cool (ish) or at least cooler at night. 


Thankfully I also put a left over window unit in the garage er, shop.  Stays pretty cool in there for a time,  but I usually run it when I'm not there,  as I find the air blowing on me a little annoying.

Anyhoodle,  T.C. and I thought maybe we'd have toasted tomato and bacon sandwiches for our dinner,  which meant having to cook up the bacon indoors. 
Normally,  that would be the plan,  but adding heat to a house that's being air conditioned didn't seem too terribly clever.

Then,  it occurred to me that I have this skillet type contraption that I had bought many years ago to use with the Weber.  It's been hanging in the garage (this time it's "garage",  not "shop",  by the way)  for all these years,  so I cleaned it up and put it to use.

Used to carry it with us in the Motor home for just such an occasion.





Not sure how common these things are,  but it worked just beautifully.  And,  while I certainly love the smell of bacon being fried up,  I certainly didn't miss smelling up the kitchen with no chance of airing it out by opening the windows.

We figure we'll do some tomato sauce on Thursday,  as the weather is predicted to cool off somewhat by then.




We'll probably have to start shoving these guys in the fridge in the meantime.








Oh and,  that too will be the day that we pick our grapes.  My latest contraption seems to be working, as there has been no evidence of visits by the little bandits.


That's it for now.

Thanks for stopping by.

4 comments:

  1. Yes it was a hot one, and living in our RV mean I like to cook most of our meals outside on our Weber Q, I had a skillet thingy too but now prefer our grill mat. Nothing like a Bacon and Tomato sandwich on a hot day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're like George. Ever since he introduced us to the Grill Mat on his Blog that's how we grill our bacon. By doing it that way it keeps the heat and the smell out of our RV. We also grill two to three pounds of Bacon at a time. It can then be refrozen and used a few strips at a time by simply nuking it. It tastes fresh cooked.
    Glad your Bandit control is working.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a neat little contraption to have.

    ReplyDelete

Well, I've been getting too many spam comments showing up. Just a drag, so we'll go another route and hope that helps. So, we won't be hearing anything more from Mr. Nony Moose.
I guess I'll just have to do without that Gucci purse.