Up until not that long ago, I had no idea what the heck a Nematode was, but apparently they’re kind of important.
And, you can put them on your lawn.
And, you can do that by putting them in a bucket of water.
And, it’s best done when the lawn is wet.
Well, it was raining today, and I’m sure I was an interesting sight out there with my watering can and umbrella. “We can do up to 3000 square feet”.
Of course, we have no idea as to just how effective they’ll be against grubs, or whether or not the whole thing is just one big ruse. I mean, you can’t exactly see them, although my flip-flops were starting to get a bit slimy at one point, so I guess there must have been something going on.
No worries, I rinsed off my tootsies before coming into the house.
It wasn’t like, slimy having walked in cow dung, (not that I would have ever walked in cow dung in flip-flops, mind you) but it was definitely not just water I was spraying on the grass.
Actually, *thinks*, we won’t.
Anyhoodle, I figured I’d mention one little project that has finally started to get down to the bitter end, and that’s the gas insert that is now hooked up and basically ready to go.
And yes, I have the slate at the ready to cover the bare concrete hearth. That’s next.
Had a “gas Dude” in yesterday to get it hooked up, and most everything went as planned with only a slight snag. The opening for the vent pipes that I had put in was just a little bit too far towards the back of the previous firebox, so I had to get in there with an air chisel and do some surgery. Now that was fun! Not. Had to work at that from a prone position, which of course meant having concrete raining down on my face. I’m pretty sure I’ve washed most of it out of my hair.
This is what we’ve been looking at for a quite while now. Glad that’s over.
Oh, and did I mention that I had to build up the firebox so the thing would fit properly?
Just so happened that I had some random bricks hanging around.
Probably not something I should readily admit.
Here I’ve been snapping pictures all along, and not sharing. I’m sure you were just dying to know what had been going on here all along.
I’m still in a bit of a quandary as to the placement of the “fire logs”, but Gas Dude and I lit the thing up using the arrangement that we came up with, and it works fine. The only slight wrinkle is, there’s one piece that just doesn’t seem to have an obvious spot.
This is what I got:
This is what’s left over:
I sat there in front of that arrangement studying it for way too long today. Nothing happened.
Naturally, the diagram in the instruction manual is for a completely different set, so that was zero help. I’m going to stop by a local retail outfit and pick someone’s brain tomorrow some time.
I took pictures.
Managed to transfer them to my tablet. That’s a whole other story.
It hasn’t been quite cool enough to have the fireplace on, and I’m in no hurry to get to that point when we’ll be so inclined.
Sadly, the forecast looks as though we’ll get to test it out in the next week or so.
Thanks for stopping by.
Keep it between the ditches.