Tuesday, January 15, 2013

A bit of progress.

I was going to say,  “Got the call”, but actually,  it was me who did the calling. 
I hadn’t checked emails until some time in the early afternoon (which is unusual,  I know)  probably because I was getting tired of checking,  only to see that there had been nary a peep from anyone on the relocation front.  It gets to be discouraging. 

It got to the point that I was taking both phones with me (land line and mobile) from room to room (including washroom) just to mitigate the chances of missing a call.  Kind of sad,  now that I think on it.

But then there was a note from Travelling Companion,  *gasp* saying she had heard from our relocation contact here in Vienna!   I’ve dealt with this person.  Very competent.  Only thing is,  she can’t do too much until she’s been given authorisation from the very smart people in Texas.   Hence the delay.

So I called her up!

We had a nice little chat concerning the very short time span between now and the end of the month,  and after we got off the phone, I’ve been occupying my time with scanning all of our account numbers  and sending them off to her.  She’ll begin the onerous task of extricating us from our various commitments.   You know, gas, electricity, internet and phone.   Those kinds of commitments.   Thankfully we don’t have to worry too much about the rent,  as that is handled directly by the Texas bunch and,  even though there were rumblings about the move going way back to December,  when notice COULD HAVE BEEN GIVEN,  nothing was done,  and our rental contract calls for three months notice.   Betcha that will be a surprise!  Glad I won’t be paying.  Oh well.  I think The Company that Cannot be Named should remove that cost from their charges,  but it’s no skin off my hind end.

 

 

And that’s about all I got for today.  Really. 

 

There was a question yesterday concerning why the heck (my words) I would bother to shovel the balcony.   Well,  it’s mostly so I don’t fall on my keester.    If the snow doesn’t go away between now and moving day,   I’ll still need access to the upstairs storage.   I just pile the snow off to the side,  and then it can melt and run over the edge.

Thus:

 

DSC_1101

Hopefully it will be a bit milder between now and the end of the month,  since those tables will need to come in and be disassembled. 

 

Keep those sticks on the ice.

 

Thanks for stopping in.

 

.

4 comments:

  1. We got snow here near Ft Worth Tx today... wanna come and shovel our patio?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well now your making progress...one baby step at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, go on toss it over the side..... You know you want to......! You never said if the balcony is on the front or the back.... If its on the front, I have visions of some poor pedestrian being covered in snow.. But you could start speaking English as fast as you could pretending not to understand a word .......... Perhaps the end of the month will come and all of this will just be memories......

    ReplyDelete
  4. A small step of progress at long last. Now you put those phones down.

    ReplyDelete

Well, I've been getting too many spam comments showing up. Just a drag, so we'll go another route and hope that helps. So, we won't be hearing anything more from Mr. Nony Moose.
I guess I'll just have to do without that Gucci purse.