Monday, November 24, 2008

Hitch up the team.

Took the car on Sunday to get it washed and to refuel.
We went 735 km on one tank and it was 55.85 litres to fill up. Haven't done the math on that, but that's not too shabby.
Besides, there were a couple times when I realised I was doing 160 k.p.h. Can't be all that good for fuel economy, not that that would be a real consideration.

We did manage to get out for a brief bike ride, but the temperature was hovering around +2 and it just wasn't a good day for tooling around on two wheels.

The car wash program was pretty much a bust, since it started snowing in the afternoon, and snowed pretty much all night.


This is what we woke up to....
I just better not have to buy a snow shovel is all I'll say.
As it was there was well over two inches of snow on the car this morning. Glad I picked up a corn broom back in August. Just wanted one, didn't think I'd need it for snow removal.

Oh, and that "hitch up the team" thing......well, that's in reference to another blog....since I think we got the tail end of the snow they had in Nova Scotia (well, not really, but you get my point) but since I have neither a team of Percherons nor a set of sleds, we'll be sticking with vehicles with wheels.

Which brings me to this observation:

I used to look in awe at guys who would ride bikes in this kind of weather and think they were insane.

Turns out that's a fairly reasonable prognosis.

It's not so much the cold that's the problem, it's the snow flakes that fly into yer eyeballs that is really annoying....and quite uncomfortable.
Not only that, but I had a bit of a head wind coming home from the store this morning, and that's when I could feel the cold coming in right through the top of my ever balding head.

I have to go back out again to get to the bank for an Amex payment, but at least the sun is trying to poke through at this point.

Keep yer sticks on the ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well, I've been getting too many spam comments showing up. Just a drag, so we'll go another route and hope that helps. So, we won't be hearing anything more from Mr. Nony Moose.
I guess I'll just have to do without that Gucci purse.