I didn't race out and take a picture because, well, why would I?
I did want to see what might have caused its demise, but it was just out of range of the one camera on that side of the house.
Turns out, I did get a screen capture a bit later on.
The poor little bugger was missing his head and the meat off his (her?) forearms.
Dead stock isn't really my cup of tea, so you'll notice that really didn't sling the corpse over my shoulder or anything.
This has happened once before, a few months back. Some time last fall I think it was. That time there was only a skeleton. Freshly stripped, mind you. I'm guessing Coyote. We do have them around here. Not unhappy about that either, as they keep the rabbits in check. And apparently, the squirrels, although we still have an abundance of squirrels.
I don't have quite the hate on for them these days, as they can no longer get up on the house and chew on the cedar beams. Those are now covered with copper caps, so even if they could get up there, nothing to chew on.
I'm still plugging away in the bathroom. Bedroom is done. New set of picture hung up and such.
I had to tear away a wee bit more old plaster before continuing to button things up, as I could definitely feel "cold" on one section of the old wall.
Turns out, I could see daylight out past the beam.
This is a beam that runs out from this outside wall to the end of the "Veranda" as we call it.
Actually, in the "screen capture", it's the one that runs over and sits on the pillar outside the front door.
Not well insulated.
And then it's back to the taping and such. Which is ongoing.
Thanks for stopping by.